YTL group of companies' financial highlights
YTL CORP BHD
· Market capitalisation of RM5.3 billion.
· The group's growth policy is centred on the rationale that regulated businesses operating under long-term concessions offer unrivalled economic benefits and investment opportunities, ensuring that the financial performance of the assets acquired is enhanced by solid business profile, stable cash flows, supportive regulatory regime and the company's virtual monopoly in its area of operation.
· It has registered an impressive compounded annual growth rate of 55 per cent since 1986, and won several awards, some even in areas of corporate governance.
YTL POWER INTERNATIONAL BHD
· Market capitalisation of RM6.4 billion
· The first company to secure an independent power producer licence in Malaysia.
· Built, owns and operates two-gas-fired combined capacity of 1,200 MW for a concession period of 21 years.
· Developing a RM5 billion, 1400-MW coal-fired power plant on a 450-acre site in Mukim Jimah, together with Jimah Power Holding Sdn Bhd
· Owns Wessex Water Ltd, a regional water and sewerage company that provides water supply to 1.2 million people and sewerage services to 2.5 million in southwest England
· Has a 33 per cent stake in ElectraNet SA, which holds a 200-year lease of 5,566 km of high voltage transmissions lines from the South Australian government.
· Earnings will grow as Malaysia’s electricity requirements expand, especially with the growing infrastructure development within Cyberjaya, Putrajaya and the Kuala Lumpur International Airport
YTL CEMENT BHD
· Market capitalisation of RM428 million
· Previously known as Buildcon Bhd, YTL Cement is a subsidiary of YTL Industries Bhd that is wholly-owned by YTL Corp.
· Manufactures ready mixed concrete, slag cement, Portland cement and provides related services to the construction sector.
· Has an estimated 20 per cent market share in the ready mix concrete category, and has operations in Westport, Selangor, Bukit Sagu, Pahang and Pasir Gudang, Johor.
· Among the largest producers of ready-mixed concrete in Malaysia, it supplies various projects such as Plaza Rakyat in Kuala Lumpur, the KLCC LRT Terminal, the Petronas refinery at Tangga Batu in Malacca and projects in Putrajaya and Cyberjaya.
YTL LAND & DEVELOPMENT BHD
· Formerly known as Taiping Consolidated Bhd (TCB), it has a market capitalisation of RM226 million.
· Has a land bank of more than 1,000 acres
· Prime object is Sentul Raya, a 294-acre, RM1.3 billion mixed development in Sentul, Kuala Lumpur
· The Sentul Raya development, which is being undertaken with KTM Bhd will generate about RM8 billion in sales over the next seven years. The project will house about 50,000 residents across a total of 7,000 residential units spread over 117.6ha, including over 14ha of private fenced park. It will also include commercial and retail units
· Developer of Pantai Hill Park, a condominium project located in the Pantai Dalam area in Kuala Lumpur
· Other developments include the Lot 10 and Starhill shopping centres, in Kuala Lumpur
YTL E-SOLUTIONS BHD
· Listed on the Malaysian Exchange of Securities Dealing and Automated Quotation (Mesdaq) market, it provides incubation services including developing technology companies and consultancy and advisory services.
· Incubates high-growth, knowledge-intensive companies that leverage on new technologies with the aim of realising high returns through long-term capital appreciation.
· Provides smart capital that comprises financial capital as well as “treat world” knowledge capital to minimise the risks associated with new technology investments
· Target sectors include Internet and e-commerce technologies and applications, hardware and software solution, data warehouse infrastructure and web infrastructure